99% of Empower Network Members make < $200/mo.

Posted on August 22, 2013

Part of managing a large network of bloggers over at Triberr is keeping out the multi-level marketers.

We keep a list of “questionable” money making schemes, and one of the most popular right now is the Empower Network.

Like any get rich quick scheme, they sell a dream of easy wealth and prosperity. Truth be told, 99% of members make less than $200 a month. At least that’s what is self reported by the Empower Network disclaimer page: https://www.empowernetwork.com/income.php?myinfo&all=1.

Screen Shot 2013-08-22 at 10.45.16 AM

Start from the bottom…

91% make less than $36 a year.

96% make less than $600 a year.

97% make less than $1,428 a year.

99% make less than $3,528 a year, which is $294 a month, which after taxes is slightly less than $200 a month. And let’s not forget that you need to actually spend money on products and training just to be in on this scheme.

Maybe you’re special

Now maybe you’re one of the elite, fraction of the top 1% that makes $28,632 a year. Big deal, that’s not a livable income in most parts of the country. And yes, there are always the founders, and their inner circle that started the pyramid, pulling in big profits at the expense of the 99% that buy into the dream of easy wealth. If you’re reading this post, you’re not one of them, so don’t worry.

Closing

I have nothing against Empower Network or it’s members. I love entrepreneurs, and wish the folks over at EN the best. However, I also know that 99.99% of it’s participants will be hurt and disappointed when they spend their money on a dream that will never come true. I don’t wish this on anyone, so we’ll do our best to keep EN users off Triberr, and I hope this post provides clarity for anyone thinking about joining their network.

6 Replies to "99% of Empower Network Members make < $200/mo."

• John Banks
    August 26, 2013 (11:00 am)

Nice one Dan. Its about time these people realized this pipe dream. They wont though unfortunately, we can just keep providing information like this to hope to stop a few in their tracks…

• Derrick Carpenter
    August 27, 2013 (1:57 am)

Hi Dan,
    First I’m not with EN, however I am a network marketing professional and simply wanted to weigh in, with some facts. MOST people don’t join a networking company seeking riches, certainly people do, but the vast majority are looking to make ends meet and do accomplish that. What you refer to as the “inner” circle are the people who, like other entrepreneurs, are willing to get after it, work a litle harder, dig a little deeper and create the lifestyle freedom that network marketing offers. The reality is that everything isn’t for everyone, but many formerr “failed” networkers go on to establish successful traditional businesses because of the training, they didn’t have available to them prior to their networking careers. EN teaches many tradition business owners how to blog for their primary business(es), and as such gives many business owners some of their first experiences learning a new form of marketing that they previously had no knowledge of. Making money for them isn’t their primary focus. Least we forget, lastly, that creating a successful endevour in any industry is difficult and success isn’t a given, if social media is about anything, it’s about letting the customer decide what’s best for them and not having those decisions being made for them

• commander
      August 27, 2013 (3:08 am)

Hi Derrick,
      This is Dan Cristo. Thanks so much for the comment.

I disagree with you on why people join MLM programs. Sure there are some people who only plan on the average $26/mo, but I believe the majority of folks who sign up want the fast cars, vacation homes and luxury boats advertised on most MLM programs.

EN is no different. Head to any of their associates sales pages, and they will all promise the dream. If you try hard, and never give up you too can make $50,000 a month.

Fact is, only 1% of 1% of 1% of 1% will make $50,000 a month. Everyone else will pay their entry fee, spam their friends, and walk away with little more than an education from the school of hard knocks.

I’ve got nothing against MLM’s, and if you’re making $50,000/mo. than I think that’s fantastic, and my hat is off to you. But the rest of the world is going to get burnt pretty badly with these type of programs, and I think anyone who is considering it should walk into it with all the facts at their disposal.

• Derrick Carpenter
    August 27, 2013 (7:46 am)

Thanks Dan for your reply. $50,000 a month is a very handsome income and I do knew quite few people whom enjoy that sum. My income is a bit more modest, but my family enjoys it. The point I was making, was that there are inherent risks in every business undertaking and outside of franchising or heading of to the local small business development center, scant few offer mentorship, training, support or a blueprint for getting it done. Outside of the hype, which as you so correctly point out, cripples my profession’s public persona, the network marketing profession when taught correctly transforms lives of everyday average folks and when it does attract a real go-getter, well then the sky is the limit. As far as statistics, they apply to the masses and not the individual. But I do understand the maxim, “a man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.” I greatly appreciate you taking the time to reply and I appreciated your insight.

• Angie M Jordan
    September 17, 2013 (2:54 pm)

So glad you said this! While it’s true that some people enjoy good earnings from network marketing, the vast majority do not. It’s the same with blogging. People buy into this dream that they will become the next big thing, only to realize that this shit is hard work and it next years, and lots of time to earn good money!

• Irish Carter
    October 12, 2013 (3:25 am)

Great points Dan! Like anything, if you are going to be successful and make money, you have to have a business plan and goals in place to make a business succeed. Many of these plans in MLM seem to be ones where a pipe dream is shared and the fantasy of easy money comes envisioned in so many peoples heads.

Angie made a great point…well everyone did here. There is no get rich quick online and it takes hard work, dedication and passion to drive a successful business. It’s been my experience that for many entrepreneurs it becomes a “way of life” for them. To me, that is a blessing. Work hard, play hard. No get rich quick here. Thanks for a great post!

Irish